Server Maintenance This Week. ×

FileMaker Pro 5.5 + Crossover Office = no remote host?

This topic is 6397 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I recently upgraded a client with a small office setup from a Windows Server 2003 Small Business Edition with Active Directory domain down to a CentOS-4 with Samba. The office has 10 people and no need for an ADS system that was already pretty broken anyways(bad permissions, broken DNS, etc).

So, the one app they use a lot of is FileMaker Pro 5.5. Running under Crossover Office Professional 5.0.1, FileMaker Pro 5.5 installed just fine. It opens up fine, opens the databases fine, says that it is shared for multi-user access, but no other systems can see it as a remote host. Likewise, if another system opens the database from the fileserver for multi-user sharing, the FileMaker on Linux cannot see it as a remote host either(all the other clients can).

At first I figured it was just the firewall ports, so I looked up online and it says that FileMaker uses port 5003 for sharing over TCP/IP. I openned up both TCP and UDP for 5003 on the CentOS firewall with no luck. I even went as far as to turn off iptables all together. Still no luck.

It would be really great if someone could give me some clues as to why this is. Perhaps Crossover Office doesn't allow shared applications or something? By the way, I tried this running FileMaker as both the normal and as root, with the same results. As a side note, all Samba shares are working perfectly and very smooth across the workgroup.

Thanks for any suggestions.

This topic is 6397 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.