HELP! Complex Report - Summary question

deego55

This topic is 6337 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a report that takes job tasks, rolls those up to a job code level, then summarizes by manager and chief. something like this:

Chief

-- Manager

---- Job Code Total

------ Task

------ Task

------ Task

---- Job Code Total

------ Task

------ Task

-- Manager Total

Chief Total

For the life of me i cannot figure out how to get the sum of the Job Code costs to calculate on the manager and chief total parts. The task totals work fine. Can anyone shed some light on this? Please let me know if you need more info

i know, but i must have something wrong. the Job code section is a subsummary part, so on the Task Manager sub part i need a sum of all Job code subsummaries for that manager.

For some reason it is not working...Perhaps i have based the layout on the wrong table?

So i guess my question is: is it possible in a subsummary part to sum the total of other subsummary totals that fall into it?

Sorry if i sound like a total moron!

Edited by Guest

still not working. here is a screenshot of a sample report in hopes that someone can help. the problem is with the OE fields, which are summary fields of records in the Fund table. I cannot seem to get their amount to total on the manager and chief trailing sub-summaries. (they are from a related Fund table, whereas the other Prog fields are from within the same table as layout, which works fine). i just cant figure out what im doing wrong

can anyone help? thanks.

report.jpg

This topic is 6337 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.