BUG? import script by matching names

Dali

This topic is 6342 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi, I'm trying to import an excel sheet into a FM table without spawning the mapping window i.e. I don't want users to manually map the field names. I make sure that excel sheet column names match those of FM field names and when run locally it works great. The problem is that when trying to execute the script remotely (over FM server) the field names won't map. Even if I let the mapping window show up I still can not select Arrange by Matching Names, it is grayed out while if I run the script locally it is not. Is this a bug, and is there a way to have this work remotely? I really don't want users to manully map the fields names.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

Thanks

ok...I was able to do it by using custom order in the import script. It works fine both locally and remotely. What I basically did was line up FM fields from top to bottom in the same order as colums in excel sheet (from left to right). At least now field names don't have match those of excel columns, but the downside is that the import order might get changed when poking around the database.

This topic is 6342 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.