How to force Open URL to use a new browser window...???

This topic is 6359 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm using Open URL within a script of mine 3 different times. Basically, I have a button in filemaker that is used to generate HTML for use in an ebay description for that item. something else that has to happen the way our system is currently setup is that a .php script has to run to the add the item to another data source that the web uses (I'm changing all this now, but for now this it has to be this way.)

So as it stands now I have 2 Open URL commands in the script. the first one adds the item to the web source and if you stayed on that page it would just display the fields that were added. the second Open URL command goes to a script in your browser which generates and displays the item's description.

This works just fine, except that if you're using a non-tabbed browser, or even if you're using a tabbed browser and you don't have it open already, you'll only see the second part, the auction description. the first part takes place, but then it forwards right on to the next part so you don't see the first one.

Now, though, I'm trying to add a 3rd script into the mix. both the 2nd and 3rd parts are something the user needs to see on screen. so what's happening now is that it's getting skipped and all you see is the last thing.

Now, if I have FireFox OPEN, then it will open all 3 URL's in different tabs within FireFox. If I don't already have it open, though, it doesn't use tabs. IE acts the same way, and many people here don't like IE 7 so they still use non-tabbed browser.

So, the actual question...how can I force FileMaker to open a seperate browser window for each Open URL command within this script?

Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

This topic is 6359 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.