This topic is 6349 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Try it with two tables — one of which lists products and categories, and could consist of only those two fields (although it could certainly have more). A list view might look something like:

Kitchen Appliances*****Blenders

Kitchen Appliances*****Toasters

Kitchen Appliances*****Coffee Makers

Garden Tools**********Rakes

Garden Tools**********Shovels

Then you have your second table, which is the one in which you want to specify a category and then pick products from a value list constrained to those products in the selected category.

Let's call that table "Invoice Line Items" (i.e., pretend each record is a line item on a sales invoice or something).

You make a relationship between Invoice Line Items and Products_Categories, matching the field "Category" to the field "Category" in the other table.

Then define your value list to show field values for Products, only related values starting from Invoice Line Items.

That's not the only architecture (you can do it all in one table with a selfjoin relationship, or you could have three tables — a Categories table with a table of related child-records that would be the Products thereof — but that should give you the general idea

I dont under stand this one. Plz Make a file and send me I am try but dont get desired results.

Thanks

Mian Umar

This topic is 6349 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.