Sliding Parts

KB

This topic is 6345 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I am creating a proposal form in a line item (child) database with a Title Header including related information from the parent file, a header for subsequent pages (description, quantity, etc.) and a body that includes the line items. Pretty straight forward stuff.

Part of the information from the parent file includes some text fields I want to shrink to the size of the information entered. These fields are set to sliding/printing based on all of the above Also Reducing the Enclosing Part. This part works fine. The information slides up and reduces just perfect.

The body (line items) is also set to sliding/printing based on all of the above Also Reducing the Enclosing Part. That information, however, does not slide up to the title header. It sits static where it is placed on the page, leaving a gap between the header and body equivalent to the amount that slid in the title header.

Any suggestions? Is this normal behavior? Does the title header have to be static? I never observed this in FM6 but only had static information in my title headers prior.

Thanks in advance for any light you can shed.

Are you sure that you have selected everything to slide up that is in the body? Maybe you have a line inbetween sections in the body that is not selected to slide, causing you to keep spaces you don't want.

Dave

This topic is 6345 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.