Server Maintenance This Week. ×

FM Server Services not starting at system boot.

This topic is 5985 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

When I reboot my FileMaker Server (OSX 10.4 Server, G4 2G RAM 100G HD) the FM Services Daemon does not start even though it is checked to do so in the Server Admin application. I did verify that it is the Server application (service) that is not starting and not simply a file not opening correctly. Any ideas would be most appreciated.

What does the event.log file say?

Does it not launch manually too, or just not launch automatically?

I'd recommend not using the 'lauch at startup' feature, as you may not be aware if this happens, and there is sometimes file repair that needs to happen if the machine loses power unexpectedly (you should use a UPS to help protect against power failures).

Edited by Guest

• 11 months later...

I cannot believe that one year!!! elapsed between these posts.

The point is that [color:red]you do not want to launch the daemon automatically. If there has been an inelegant shutdown, you want to know that, and then check the files for damage.

Steven

I do want to!!!! The office has no one that knows anything about the software and they have a UPS installed to give a controlled shut-down. That plus an hourly backup that goes back 24 hours, and then a daily backup for a week, etc...

I don't want to be called in the middle of the night just to start a bloody FM server application because the compter has been rebooted.

This topic is 5985 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.