Does web viewer page continue running if you switch layouts?

angelleye

This topic is 6342 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I run ASP applications within Web Viewers inside of our FileMaker files. It works great, but I've kinda stumbled into something and I'm not exactly sure what's happening.

This particular ASP script that I'm running marks invoices paid/shipped on eBay when we mark them paid/shipped in FileMaker. I used to do this using Open URL and it would actually open your browser to run the page. This was fine except the pop-up kinda annoys some people.

I created a separate layout that holds nothing but a big web viewer. I made my script switch to this layout and use that web viewer to run the ASP scripts and then it switches back to original layout.

I'm not exactly sure what's happening, though, in cases where an invoice might have 5 or 6 eBay items on it and the ASP script takes longer because it has to loop through for each item.

I had included a pause in the script while it's on that layout, but that annoyed people more than the browser popping up.

So, if I take that pause back out of that script and the ASP script has to run for a few seconds is it going to continue running when FM switches back to the original layout or will it be the equivalent of hitting the stop button in a browser?

Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!!

This topic is 6342 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.