Passing script parameter to an external database

This topic is 6336 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hmmm - have a strange fear that this is either impossible or ludicrously easy...I've managed to totally avoid learning about script parameters so far...

I have a main DB with two buttons - both buttons are scripted to open the same database but I've added a Parameter to each button, which is used to open different layouts in this external db. The external db has an opening script which would theoretically then determine,using this parameter, which layout to open.

(Now I know I could just create multiple dbs to overcome the problem ---- I just feel there must be a more elegant and less obvious solution).

I'm not going to bore you by describing my naive attempts to make this work so....any ideas?

• Newbies

Duh!! Never mind! Ludicrously easy is the verdict. Why is that the solution always springs to mind mere minutes after posting the question?

Rather than triggering the script parameter within the external file, all I had to do was create a unique script for each button which calls up the remote script and then inserts the appropriate parameter to select the layout.

Ohhh duuuuh!

This topic is 6336 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.