offline databases on Windows Server 2003

This topic is 6310 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I'm a complete newbie here and desperately need some help....We are on FMP Server 5.5 running on Windows 2003 Standard....we weren't always running on this platform; previously, we had our database running on a iMac OS 9.2 until it literally died. I had a backup and successfully transfered the databases to a Windows environment. Everything, overall is going well...my problem....a request was made to make a database offline so it could be copied locally....no problem on a Mac, however, I'm struggling figuring out how to do that on a Windows server. The only thing I was thinking was to bring down the service all together, then copy the database over and then restore the service. Is this a good solution or is there another way to handle this? Any help is greatly appreciated. I only handle the technical end of FMP not the database creation.

Thanks!!

[color:red]Do not ever on either platform make an OS level copy of a FileMakerPro database while that database is open for hosting by FIleMaker Server.

From the SAT Tool close the files; then stop the service. Then you can copy the database. Or you can copy one of the backups as well.

Steven

This topic is 6310 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.