Server Maintenance This Week. ×

King of the heap!

Wade DeBraal

This topic is 6306 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Issue: SCT's Banner Web connects to Oracle database and retains connection until FMP is opened and connected to it's dbserver then Banner connection drops.

Ruled Out: Network Infrastructure, NIC config. Java, jinit, Banner(connection is great until FMP)xpsp2 fully patched runs both apps great... they just don't play nice together.

Suspect: The individual who installed FMP may not have disabled the AV which wreaks havoc with other apps at random anyways. FMP runs fine and does not lose connection with it's dbserver but may compete for a .dll or system file etc.

I am rebuilding OS image and installing FMP clean but wanted to toss this out here to catch any pearls of FMP wisdom that may save me a heap of work. I am hoping that this is a non issue and a clean build clears this up. Thanks.

• 5 weeks later...

Well... I have met with success on a new image and software install. It bothers me that I still can not find out what was at the root of this issue. If I ever find out what file(s) got munged up or what the issue ever was I will try to remember to get it into this forum. Thanks.

This topic is 6306 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.