Server Maintenance This Week. ×

FM6 Unlimited/hosted file problem

CUBARNES

This topic is 6326 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

We are running FM6 Unlimited on a Dell Poweredge 2600 with Server 2003. This server also does basic filesharing.

All client machines (35) are running OSX Tiger on a 50/50 mix Intel/G4 platform environment. Static IP's assigned.

When attempting to "open remote" we get the spinning beach ball of death (SBBOD) religiously. It however, eventually displays the hosted files (5 minutes later, unacceptable)

The problem occurs when you try to open any of the 32 DB's displayed, Filemaker Stops responding and must be force quit, the DB does not open.

I have used different ethernet jacks/cables. I have tried running dual NIC's, the onboard with the original static IP and the secondary in 10-space. As such I tried opening via the IP rather than the host name....no go.

Pinging is succesful, Windows filesharing works. We have no connectivity issues with machines outside of our subnet. (Unless I utilize a router)

6 of the hosted DB's are interfaced with the web via FM's webserver with our own web forms, etc. This works fine.

I setup a 10.4 Mac mini on a router (on our subnet). This Mac shows the hosted files in seconds and opens the DB's, no problem. But with a dynamic address.

What gives? Every once in awhile, it spontaneously works fine, if only for a few days.

Thanks for any suggestions. :

This topic is 6326 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.