Serialize Runtime Solutions

chevell

This topic is 6321 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have two runtime solutions that work kind of like modules. Currently, only the first of two modules is available for purchase. When I roll out the other solution, I will update the first to include a button that take you to the next, but only if your are registered for the second, otherwise it will pop up a message asking if you'd like to purchase and download the new one.

So.. when you purchase and download the new module, i want it to update the field the script uses to verify registration so that clicking the button will then take you to the new module.

Having said all of that, i am currently not using a serial number for registration. I would like to do so. In the updated version, I'd like to supply the user with a number generated by their name and date purchased or something, which is not hard to do, then have filemaker determine that this is a valid number and set the correct value in the field used in the script above.

Basically, the only part I can't do here is figure out how to get filemaker to accept and validate the serial number that i give it as real. Does anyone have a similar solutiont they are using now?

Thanks for your help.

--

Chevell

This topic is 6321 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.