MS Patch Has Broken SSO

This topic is 6259 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Everyone, my company just rolled out a wave of Microsoft Updates:

KB926255

KB929969

KB923694

KB925398

KB925454

KB920213

KB924270

KB923980

And now our single sign on External Authenticaion is not working. The accounts are being locked behind the scenes due to failed logins, and then the user is presented with the username and password dialog box to see available databases.

This issue was just discovered this morning after the patches, and I don't at this time know exactly which update caused the problem, or if it's affecting both our Win2K and XP clients yet. When I know more I'll post it.

I would be very cautious if you use EA and your users (or helpdesk) will be applying the latest patches.

If someone has an in with FileMaker engineers, it would be extremely beneficial to pass this on for validation.

Thank you.

Small update: We've discovered the issue is isolated to users that are on Windows 2000.

Users on XP are not effected.

Update #2: KB924270 is the culprit. Uninstalling the patch resolves the issue.

Hopefully this can be addressed by either FileMaker and/or Microsoft.

I've submitted this issue through the FileMaker website. I find it interesting that I can't find anything about this issue. The MS Patch has been out since Nov' 06.

Is there anybody using External Authentication with Windows 2000 clients that can verify if they have KB924270 installed where everything is working normally?

This topic is 6259 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.