Server 5.5 doesn't see files, locks up

MLPIII

This topic is 6271 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Our FileMaker Server (5.5v1, on a Maac G4/500 using OS 9.0.3) is not seeing our FileMaker files/databases. The files themselves seem fine. They open up normally with FileMaker Pro, with the exception of one. When I open FM Server, the FM Server window shows no list of our Files, which it usually does, and it indicates 0 Files (which is strange), and 0 Guests (none are logged on to it, however). It's blank. Moreover, the FM Server window and menu bar are frozen. That is, I can't select any of the tabs in the window (i.e., Folders, Files, and Guests). Nor can I go to the FM menu bar and open or close our FM files, to mount them on the FM Server, which of course we can normally do. Suggestions? (Many thanks!)

• Newbies

Will do. One question, however. If I reinstall, can I get away with reinstalling Server 5 rather than 5.5? Would that damage files, or othewise cause harm?

I have our original Server 5 disk, but am not sure where the update to 5.5 came from. (That was some years ago!) I don't find a disk in my office, nor a file on one of our Macs, and evidently it's not downloadable from FM any more.

FYI, we're in the process of upgrading to OS X and FM 8.5, as you advise. Can't do it immediately, though.

Thank you again.

This topic is 6271 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.