Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Another tomcat problem... heartbeat disabled

ambolt

This topic is 6264 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Something happened to the computer we're running FileMaker Server Advanced on and now I can't get the web part of it to work. I've tried uninstalling and re-installing the web publishing software, but I can't even get into the administration console at http://localhost/fmi/config - this produces an internal server error from Apache (error 500 - see for yourself at http://medlem.venstre.no ).

The log (web_server_module_log.txt) says

[Wed Feb 21 18:06:33 2007] [jk_ajp_common.c (1198)]:( Error connecting to tomcat. Tomcat is probably not started or is listenning on the wrong port. Failed errno = 61

The Tomcat server.log says

2007-02-21 15:22:20,828 WARN [org.jboss.jmx.adaptor.snmp.agent.Heartbeat] Heartbeat disabled

and that's the only line in that log file.

It looks like Tomcat starts up and then quits again (no error messages in boot.log). FM Web Publishing doesn't seem to be running either, but I'm not sure if it has started up and then quit, or if it simply has not started up at all. The necessary files seem to be in place in Library/StartupItems, but there are no traces of it in Activity Monitor, and when I try to restart it in the Terminal using SystemStarter, console.log says:

Feb 21 14:49:02 medlemsbase SystemStarter[338]: Unknown service: FileMaker Web Publishing

I've tried googling but I haven't really managed to come up with anything helpful. Any tips from any of you? I'm not really that savvy with Apache and Unix things but with proper direction I think I can figure it out...

The server and web additions are both 8.0v4 on a single machine setup - Mac OS X Server 10.4.8.

Thomas

Thomas -- My IWP stopped working after a 10.4.8 upgrade. However, I fixed it by doing a full re-install of FMSA8v4, followed by FM Web Publishing 8v4. Make sure you follow the install documents carefully regarding shutting down the web publishing app during the re-install(s).

• Newbies

Thank you both. A full reinstall of FMSA would be our next step, and if necessary a full reinstall of the OS X Server software as well (maybe this time without upgrading to 10.4.8, if that's a problem - I wasn't aware that it was). Was hoping to avoid the bother of a reinstall of FMSA though, but I guess it might be the only solution.

If any one else has any tips then I'd be happy to hear it.

P.S. I thought the problems people were having were related to one of the most recent updates - security update 2007-002, Java update 5 or the time zone updates - not the 10.4.8 update itself?

- John

In my case, I did them all at once (10.4.8, java, sec upd 2007-002, dst) and I did encounter the problem, but this doesn't help narrow it down much I'm afraid.

This topic is 6264 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.