Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Need help to export to XML

eiolos

This topic is 6268 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I am putting up a lot of auctions on a swedish auction site, and the program to put it up uses xml files. well, they are named pxml, but it's basically a xml. I have discovered that I can automate a lot of the steps and fill in the information I use every time automatically very fast with filemaker, but I have yet not been able to export properly to xml. I have a rather large filemaker experience, but zero xml and xsl-experience. So this far, all my tries have gotten nowhere fast. Can anyone help me on just the basics on how to output my filemaker database to the following:

The title here

my reference

enter your description here

The title here, number 2

my reference

enter your description here

Every auction has in the beginning and in the end. All the fields have the same names in filemaker as they need to have in the xml. The image tag might be a bit tricky, right? Also, every field must be on a new line and they must be tabed in twice, and once for the auction tag, for the program to read it properly. Yes, it is a pain in my back! Now, can anyone give me just a bit of an idea of how to do this? It doesn't have to be a complete xsl-file, just a hint of how I should do it. So far, I have not found a way to decide in the xsl on how to output field by field and putting the

tags around it. I would really love some help from you guys here! I am attaching a .txt to show with all the tabs, it looks strange in my preview.

Thanks

Andreas

output.txt

This topic is 6268 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.