error messages

This topic is 6246 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I purchased 2 copies of FM7 running on 2 computers in 3 computer network. Each runs a separate database which we access using Open Remote function. Running Windows XP.

After closing one of the databases and attempting to relaunch FM the following error message occasionally appears:

"The single-user license copy of Filemaker Pro cannot launch. Another user is already running a copy of Filemaker Pro with the same license on tis computer."

In order to launch FM I have to reboot. Any suggestions?

Are the two copies definitely installed with different serial/licence numbers?

Also check that there are no trial copies of FileMaker installed on any of the three machines.

It might be worth uninstalling all copies of FileMaker from all machines, then starting again.

Could there be any other machines on the network (including users attached to the network remotely, or other users from other networks connecting remotely to the same database) which are running copies of FileMaker with the same licence number?

Your issue comes from FileMaker not disconnecting properly from the FileMaker Pro client that is serving the file you were using. Re-installing will not help and you'll just have to wait the 2 or so minutes it takes for FM to automatically snap the connection.

• 2 weeks later...

I do the following when this occurs:

- Ctrl+Alt+Del

- Select the Processes tab on the Windows Task Manager pop-up.

- Find any Fileamker files that haven't terminated and end the process(es) manually (as I recall usually seems to be "Filemaker Pro.exe" but might also be "FM Web Publishing.exe")

This topic is 6246 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.