Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Error Message

This topic is 6267 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi,

I have a problem with filemaker pro.

I am a complete newbie so please stick with me ;o))

I run filemaker pro on a server 10.4.8. My database is running smoothly and I have not particular problem.

When I use my database throught "open remote", when I click on a button I have a very brief error message saying "The file was not closed properly. Filemaker is now performing a consistency check". Then it asks me to open the file and when I open the file through hosts it works.

I do not have this problem when I open the same tab on the server.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Ben

Ben

That message means what it says: at some stage the FileMaker database was not closed properly.

FileMaker files are quite sensitive and need to be shut down in the correct way. If you are running FileMaker server, get all the users to quit FileMaker (make sure server says 0 users for all the files) and then use the 'stop databases' command to close all the files. (Take a backup whilst the server is stopped!)

Try restarting the server and connecting again. Has the 'not closed properly' prompt gone?

I suspect the prompt for a missing file is a separate problem - namely, that one of the file references is missing or outdated. This should be fixed (to avoid users opening the wrong thing and making the problem worse); if you need help with that, do call.

If you need any more help, do call.

Yours

James

This topic is 6267 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.