Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Newbie Question - 5.5 Server

This topic is 6269 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Help!

I have just installed FMS 5.5 and copied the database that we want to share to the FMP directory. I opened the database directly and set it to multiuser, closed it, and restarted the FMS service (Windows Server 2003).

The database opens fine on the first client (FMP 6.0v4) but I get a "# of licenses exceeded" error when I try to open the DB on additional computers.

Any idea what I am doing wrong or leaving out?

~Bruce

The database opens fine on the first client (FMP 6.0v4) but I get a "# of licenses exceeded" error when I try to open the DB on additional computers.

Your copies of FileMaker Pro probably were installed with the same single user license, instead of either a volume license or different single user licenses.

Also be sure that in Server you have set the number of users high enough to accommodate your situation.

Also, upgrade to the current version. It works much better.

Steven

• Newbies

Thanks, you hit the nail on the head. I went around and reinstalled with the multi-user license code and all is well. I misread the error message. It specifically said the the copy of FMP had exceeded its licenses, not the DB.

BTW, my client has an ancient database that won't survive the upgrade.

Thanks all.

This topic is 6269 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.