AD Authentication Quirk

This topic is 6239 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Wanted to see if anyone out there has experienced or knows of a way to fix a quirk we are seeing with Active directory authentication for our FileMaker Databases.

Basic setup:

Currently we are using FMP Advanced server and the Instant web publishing, to allow our employee's to enter their time and billing information for internal time auditing. currently we have the Authentication setup to interface with a windows 2003 AD domain. That being said the solution works well with the exception of our little quirk.

Explanation of our quirk:

Basically what is happening is that if a user fat fingers their domain password (only on the Instant web publishing login page) the account becomes locked instantly. the Account lockout has been set anywhere from 10 to 100 (invalid attempts) and it still seems to lock the account every time a single incorrect password is entered.

I am hoping that someone else has encountered this behavior or can suggest something I am missing. Other then this annoying anomaly the product does exactly what it is supposed to do. I would love to not have to unlock the accounts of users who got their password wrong one time.

any help would be most welcome.

This topic is 6239 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.