ExecuteSQL plug-ins

This topic is 6212 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• 4 weeks later...

We're finalising the myFMbutler DoSQL plug-in next week.

I'm already using it for a few months now, and it's really VERY useful. There's a few things you have to keep in mind when using it - no spaces in field names allowed, and the error reporting from the API is limited to "parse error".

The DoSQL plug-in will not be freeware, and I'm not responsible for the pricing, but I guess the price tag will be in the "symbolic" range, to cover the effort we made creating the examples and the doing the testing.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Genx,

You don't understand what the plug-in does. It makes you talk with SQL commands to FileMaker itself. There is no need for any driver installation.

You can use SQL statements in scripts, but it also possible to make calculation fields with the SQL plug-in, much like to DoScript plug-in.

This makes it possible to make and delete FileMaker records, and obtain information from tables that are even unrelated in the FileMaker Relation Graph.

All becomes clear in the example files bundled with the plug-in.

We have finalised these, but there's still some more things to be done. myFMbutler is planning to release it in the second week of May.

Hi Dempsey, in relation to what exactly?

Construction of FileMaker tables or just in general?

In general: standard sql statements, in relation to FileMaker table construction: www.filemaker.com, search ODBC.

• 2 weeks later...

Indeed. Todd released a few days ago.

I just read that my collegue got all materials ready. We have released ours today.

Check it out. Following the examples included is the best way to go. The demo works for an hour each time you launch FileMaker.

This topic is 6212 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.