Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Server 5.5 and Server 2003

This topic is 6213 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Lots of issues here could explain this. But as a starter, no version of FileMaker Server is certified to run on Windows Server 2003 SP 2. The new SP2 appears to have a number of issues with it.

It's possible that Server 5.5 will run on Windows Server 2003 SP1, but it's not certified for that OS.

Upgrade to the modern version of the product. Server 5.5 is ancient and no longer supported. Officially EOL.

Steven

• Newbies

Unfortunately we are in the middle of doing just that: converting our 5.5 db into 8.5db. However the contractor says it will be a good 6 months until that is done. In the mean time we have our mission-critical db running on a squeaky old box (I actually think I hear a squirrel running inside it). It's a very scary situation. I really need to get these db onto the new box before the whole thing blows up. If downgrading the server OS is what I need to do the so be it. :

Any other thoughts?

• 4 weeks later...
  • Newbies

Ok, so it installed and all windows clients can use it just like it was running on NT Server...only better.

The problem is that now our company's only Mac user is having connectivity issues. He can see the new host/server and even see the db, but when he tries to open it up he gets a dialog box that asks for his windows network logon name, password and domain name. Unfortunately entering this info doesn't get him onine. I even tried it with mine and no go.

Any ideas would greatly appreciated

This topic is 6213 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.