Sign in to follow this  
Mafia

Forcing Recalculation

Please forgive what it may be a very basic question, but I figured the best way would be to ask to expert people after I spent a few hours browsing the net and help to find my answer.

If I change a formula in a calculation field, the calculation itself it's not updated unless I manually re-enter one of the parameters; is there an automated way (read: a button) to force FM to recalc all the calculations in a given page?

Thanks for your time.

Mafia.

It's something very basic.

It was:

100/MaxPas * Passaggi

It's now:

100 - (100/MaxPas * Passaggi)

But I would have to re-enter "Passaggi" on all lines to have the field recalculated.

Perhaps I didn't manage to explain properly my problem. I don't have a problem INTO the calculation field, but I have one BECAUSE of it.

In general I noticed, that when you change something in the calculation field formula, the calculation itself (the resulting number) doesn't get updated UNLESS you re-enter part of the parameters involved into the calc.

And I was wondering how to circumvent this or how to "press a button" and have FMP recalc everything in the given layout.

Hi

this is common for a field having the option of AutoEnter a calculated result, but not for a calculation field.