Server Maintenance This Week. ×

FMP ODBC and UPS Worldship

This topic is 6233 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am rather new to ODBC, but have a situation I need to deal with. We have a solution (FMP 8.5 Advanced, served on FMS 8.0 Advanced) which needs to "talk" to UPS Worldship 9.x via ODBC. I have set the ODBC connectivity on the server and on the client machine using the guidelines found in http://www.filemaker.com/downloads/documentation/fm8_odbc_jdbc_developer.pdf.

The client driver uses the Datadirect SQL driver on Win XP pro. I can test the connection from the ODBC control panel, but when I try to map the fields in Worldship, the machine gets as far as asking for the user and password and then locks up. I will talk to UPS, but is there something I am doing wrong in FileMaker?

I will also like to pull some data back into FM from Worldship, but am not sure how to do this.

Genx:

An interesting thread to be sure. I don't think my problem is there because I cannot get Worldship to connect in the initial field mapping step. I don't like the underscore issue as all of our field name have an underscore or two in them these days. I contacted UPS regarding this, so we shall see. Thanks for the thread.

This topic is 6233 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.