Installing FMP 8 Advanced on Windows

This topic is 6180 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I purchased FMP 8 Advanced a while back for my Mac. At the time I used the Mac's Disk Utility to create a disk image file from the Filemaker Installation disk. Recently I needed to install onto Windows, and I realized I'd lost the original disk. So I created one from the disk image file.

The CD mounts correctly in Windows, and shows the expected icons, and begins the installation process, but when it asks for the registration code it tells me it's not valid. I'm using the same code that I used when installing on the Mac, which I think is the only code that came with the product. I'm wondering whether the conversion to and from disk image may have caused something vital to be lost. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Chap

• 4 weeks later...

I have recently installed 8.5 on Windows and am wondering if anyone has found a way to display 'live' video in a container window. I have an application where I want to display 3 active video windows and the only information I can find relates to the display of pre-recored movies or static images. Any advice or direction would be appreciated.

This topic is 6180 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.