Sliding without left over blank pages?

kanedsista

This topic is 6200 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I apologise if this has been asked before, I have been searching for hours and I have read the FM help. (over and over and over...)

Basically I have a layout with a description which will need (occasionally) 4 pages of text with a total at the bottom.

Since the text is of variable length I have stretched it to the maximum that it will need (as suggested in FM help) and used the sliding/printing option to shrink. Only when this happens it leaves 4 blank pages after the record.

I tried adjusting the part 'body' option which removed the blank pages but when text was entered beyond one page it didn't print the extra pages either. So I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Any suggestions would be gratefully appreciated.

Make the body part really big. Make the text field really big to fill the boay part. Then select the text field *and all fields and objects below the text field* and format them to slide up and reduce the size of enclosing part.

• Newbies

Sorted it! Thank you for pointing that out, I went to make sure that I had selected all the text below too but what I was doing wrong was that although I was selecting all the text and formatting them to slide, on the text I had ticked the box 'Also reduce the size of the enclosing part' but on the total it was unticked!!

Can't believe I missed that, :):B thanks for your help!

This topic is 6200 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.