Confusing error message

This topic is 6181 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello,

We're using an old version of FMP (4.1) and overnight we quite frequently (2 or 3 times a week) get the following message, which hangs the program until we deal with it the next day:

"Sorry FileMaker is unable to update the disk this file is on. Click continue to try again or quit and copy this file to another disk." It further mentions a database that caused the error, and it isn't always the same database.

If I click continue the program hangs and I need to kill it with Task Manager. If I select 'quit' the program ends quickly and I need to reopen. In any case this is a problem because we make many of our databases available over the web and as long as the program is hung, none of them are searchable, even those not mentioned in the error message.

Other posts to the FMP forums mention that this can happen when a file is being copied while open, and the only thing I can think of is that our backupexec software is causing this when the files are backed up at night. Has anyone experienced this before and found a solution?

• 3 weeks later...

This topic is 6181 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.