Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Sub Summary Print 2 columns issue

This topic is 6195 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi, I've created a report that prints two columns with a sub-summary header at the top. It won't print that sub-summary elsewhere unless coincidentally, it's forced because of the change caused by the sort parameter.

I'm trying to set up a contact list with the sub-summary sorting by state and printing that at the top of each page, both columns, regardless if it's come to a new state. I tried setting up a header row, which printed the info I need, but doesn't keep the state sub summary header correctly.

Here are 2 pictures, currently just has the sub summary field only.

Thanks again.

Page1.jpg

Page2.jpg

Edited by Guest

effectsguy, nobody else has come up with a response so..

I am looking at an identical situation and have not come up with a neat solution. However, these are my current (vague) thoughts. I am thinking of creating special records for the column headers. As long as the individual records are a standard size, it should be fairly easy to calculate where to put the specials. I suspect that there is no easy solution to the basic problem and manual intervention might be necessary. My output is for printing a booklet which adds the extra glitch of reorganising the records so they print on the correct pages.

Setting a custom page equal to the column, then printing two pages per sheet?? Don't ask how.

My customer is happy to try to do the whole thing in Excel, which seems like a good idea to me - or better still a word processor. So the problem has become an interesting challenge for me, rather than a must-do.

I've actually found some 'instructions' for printing this list. Unfortunately, they are rather vague and the author is not contactable. I think they used two layouts - one for each side of the page. They printed the LH side and then, re-feeding the printed pages, printed the RH side. (Although I have the layouts, they don't look right.)

No idea how they worked out how to split the records. It looks as though it might have been trial and error.

This topic is 6195 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.