indenting XML exported file

This topic is 6175 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I have FMP 8.5 and I need to export records to XML to use in a Flash interface. It exports fine and everything, but the text is all jumbled together and not very readable. Is there a way to get it to indent properly? Right now I'm using some XML s/w called Oxygen and it has a button that does this, but I'm not sure it's worth buying just to format XML that is written by FMP. Is there another way?

No, there is no quick way, and no painless way; not if you don't know xsl. Perhaps if you posted some files we could help. What we would need would be an exact raw XML export from FileMaker, of the fields you want, in FMPXMLRESULT grammar (the default choice). And also the exact XML you would need for Flash. And some way for us to know which fields went with which elements in Flash, if they are not named the same as the FileMaker fields.

Both of these should be xml text files, zipped, attached to a post. That seems to work better than trying to paste it here into a post. We may not absolutely need the FileMaker file, but that could be included also. If you're trying to get data from multiple tables, then the FileMaker file may be needed, as one has to decide which table to export from.

This topic is 6175 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.