The lookup that just won't lookup!

This topic is 6178 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hey everyone,

I am back to FMP after a two-year hiatus, and can’t for the life of me get my lookup to fill in the data. I’ve gone through all the books, web pages and done numerous step-by-steps and it just won’t work. I have an inventory database which I am trying to connect to a purchase order, so that when I enter the “product ID” the “description” field fills in. Both were just taken as templates form the business productivity kit (with a few alterations). Its an easy process that I have done many times before…why won’t it work? I have created a relationship, defined the lookup value under the Auto-enter tab. But when I go back to the layout, enter the “product ID” and tab over, nothing happens! I should mention that I am on a trial version until mine arrives in the mail, but that shouldn’t effect anything. I know this sounds like a total newbie question, but I am at my wit's end. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Nick

• Newbies

Thanks SD. Checked all the key fields again and they all match. I appreciete the advice though, I'll remember to keep an eye on that in the future. Any other thoughts out there? This is all for a school, so there is no budget for a real programmer, but if anyone is willing to take a look at the file, I would be eternally grateful to you ;)

Thanks,

Nick

[email protected]

• Newbies

Got it sd! An issue with using two different templates. It seperated the databases and they couldn't connect. Lesson, sometimes templates make things more complicated then starting from scratch. Thanks for the input, patience and offering to look at my files.

Cheers,

Nick

This topic is 6178 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.