FM6 to FM7 conversion

This topic is 6163 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

I am Graduate assistant working on the conversion of FM6 to FM7 invloving volumes of databases. In the process of conversion I found that there is no direct method available in FM for importing data involving containers fields. It would be great if someone could help me by advising any protocols or softwares available which could help in importing container fields data from FM6 to FM7.

Convert the FM6 files to FM7, the container data should be converted. Then import from the converted files into the new FM7 file.

The only time the container fieldds wouldn't convert is if they are stored as references, and the references are no longer valid (because the files have moved).

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Vaughan,

Thanks for the reply. Yes actually the conversion of a file from FM6 to FM7 converts the container fields also. But the problem is as follows: What we are planning to do is to convert the file in to FM7 and then flush the data in the FM7 version and import the data fresh from the FM6 file. This is because the conversion takes some time and during this period the FM6 files are live and data are being entered into them continuously. And we figured out there is no straight forward manner in FM using which one can import the container values from FM6 to FM6. Do you have any idea in which this can be done easily. Once again I thank you for your response.

thanks,

Sudharsan

This topic is 6163 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.