Writing plug-ins

This topic is 6080 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

The best reference is probably the sample file provided by 24u: http://www.24usoftware.com/FMTemplate

All the other resources -- when i was looking for help aren't all that useful.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Newbies

I'm looking to put together an updated version of an existing FM6/FM8 plug-in in C# using Visual Studio 2005 and .NET Framework 2.0. Is there an interface/assembly that FileMaker ships for C#/.NET? The only tool I've found online is supplied by dotnet2FM. It seems to work pretty well...but we don't necessarily want to rely on a 3rd party piece of software.

Anyone have any news on this?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Being an administrator of a large hospitality industry group of professionals, I developed a local Branch Membership program that administers all the necessary local aspects of membership management. The system has worked very well since Pagemaker 4 days.

Now I need to take it up a notch by providing a simple letter writing mail-merge set of functions that simply output to their own respective MS mail programs, etc. Having WYSWG functions like font and colour choices would be a dream but perhaps a little over enthusiastic.

Most of what I have found are standalone e-mail browsers that receive and deliver direct from Filemaker which, quite frankly, are suitable for the users who actually know what the heck they are doing. I have to keep the functionality down to the KISS method in which generated newsletters and letters have a one-way delivery systems... outward from their already installed browsers.

Would appreciate some assistance as I am still a novice at this.

Cheers,

Chef Roy

This topic is 6080 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.