Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Help with some guidance

This topic is 6145 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi. Today I'm using Lotus Notes (with a "database" designed with lotus domino). The database consist of 2 list. 1 containing different gasstations in sweden (with some info regarding them, adresses etc) and 1 containing different entreprenurs I use to repair/build etc different stuff on the gasstations. I then open up a now job and connect that job with an entreprenur and a gasstationen. That is the basic stuff of my applikation. But now to the question. I'm not satisfied with the databas (lotus) and I'm planning on migrating to something else and have looked at Filemaker. It seems almost perfect for my needs but since english isn't my main language I'm having trouble finding what I'm looking for. What kind of applikation I'm I looking for. Is it a job manager, an issue tracker, order system? I would really like som help guiding me in the right way so i know what to read more about. Thanks in advance! Regards Andreas

Is it a job manager, an issue tracker, order system?

Well then doesn't Filemaker prove to be such a bad choise, perhaps would the term be "Right on" provided you wish to tinker with it yourself, or can see a template which hit your needs with a few adjustments.

That being said, should you be aware that some of filemakers own ROI centric template, are crappy tutorials in inadequate relational structures.

So basicly learn how to roll your own, or hire a company to do so:

http://www.filemaker.se/fmi/xsl/fm_inc_se/fm8/developer_find.xsl?filemaker

--sd

Hi. Thank u very much for the answer. The problem is that i don't really know what to call my current applikation/database. I don't really know the difference between an issue tracker and a job tracker (for exampel). I create a new job, connect it with a gasstation (it imports various info in the createdjob view, adress etc) then i write down what needs to be done and after that i open up the entreprenur view and choose a fitting one and then click send. The entrepreneur then receives an email containing what to do and where to do it. I then have a view in my database where i can see all current jobs and what entrepreneur that's supposed to do it.

My take on it, that productions are so individualy structured, that you can't expect a perfect match anyway...

Perhaps googling for filemaker + production + workflow would give you something??

But you are likely to cash out on inadequate fits then!

--sd

Pretty much the answer i expected (******* it...hehe) but do u know if there is any guide template (that comes with filemaker) that i can use and alter. Do u think and issue tracker will suite my needs the best? Even though it will have to be modified.

This topic is 6145 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.