Maintain Text Format on Export/Save As

This topic is 6123 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I have a file in which I used the feature of formatting text within Browse mode and the format follows the text from layout to layout. However, when I save as Excel or export to Excel or .tab or .csv it loses this formatting. I have tried all of the maintain formatting (which appears to relate to numbers more than text) options I can find. I can export it to pdf but I need it to end up in Excel. Please help me. I am supposed to send an Excel file to my boss tonight or early tomorrow.

"... .tab or .csv it loses this formatting"

That is expected. Only *data* gets exported. Data has no formatting.

Have you tried exporting as an html table, with layout formatting selected?

• Newbies

I just tried html both with it selected and without. Neither worked. In help when it explains that you can format word by word in Browse mode it states that it becomes "part of the data" and moves with it from layout to layout. I would have assumed that if it became part of the data that would include exporting. Thanks for the suggestion. I am working my way through every export option now.

" I would have assumed that if it became part of the data that would include exporting."

No, because file formats such as tab and csv are *ancient* and only work with plain text.

I seem to remember something to do with the GetaAsCSS() function, but cannot remember the details.

This topic is 6123 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.