Some simple find questions

This topic is 6093 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I see a function called Get(RecordID). Where can the result be used ? Can the Perform Find(restore) be used with dynamic criteria (i.e. a variable) or is it only for fixed criteria ?

I have tables A and B in a 1 to many relationship. After performing a find on A I FMP creates a found set of records from A. But how can I get the set of corresponding records in B? And how can I use that result later to reselect those records ? I'm hoping for a DBMS type method; I know I can always create a brute-force script.

"I have tables A and B in a 1 to many relationship. After performing a find on A I FMP creates a found set of records from A. But how can I get the set of corresponding records in B?"

Take a look at the Go to Related Record (GTRR) script step, and the "match found set" option.

• Newbies

Thks. I've used GTRR but there are problems. GTRR makes me navigate to a new layout, but I'd like to have criteria and results in one view. The only object I know of to display multiple related records is a portal, but the portal has no such found set options. Using GTRR w/original layout (so I stay with criteria layout) doesn't work. Portal still shows records grouped by found set from base table. A layout in a layout would be nice here.

This topic is 6093 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.