Retrieve data from field

This topic is 6116 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I appreciate the FM Gods sharing their wisdom to help. Have created a line item list with date fields. Would like to generate scripted reports (monthly, quarterly, yearly) of the line items. Have created calculated fields to get first day and last day of month, qtr and year and a field to combine the dates (1/1/07...1/31/07). My problem is how to get that calculated field into the find window date field. Have tried copy/paste. Doesn't work. Has to be a better way.

Vaughan, Thanks for the response, however I couldn't get either to work. What I am looking to do is create reports similar to how QuickBooks does.

I have posted the file at: http://homepage.mac.com/WebObjects/FileSharing.woa/wa/default?user=kevinjustice&fpath=2005196%20Walls%20Communications&templatefn=FileSharing1.html

Thanks again

Vaughan, Thanks for the response, however I couldn't get either to work. What I am looking to do is create reports similar to how QuickBooks does.

I have posted the file at: http://homepage.mac.com/WebObjects/FileSharing.woa/wa/default?user=kevinjustice&fpath=2005196%20Walls%20Communications&templatefn=FileSharing1.html

Thanks again

Hi Kevin,

In find mode, unstored calcualtions do not evaluate and data fields (excepting global fields) are not available. That's most likely the reason why the approach you've tried is not working.

I suggest that you either construct a script which writes the values to variables (or global fields) while in Browse mode, then transfers the values to the relevant fields once in Find mode (using Set Field[ ] or Insert Calculated Result[ ] as Vaughan suggested).

Or alternatively, if your dates are being calculated from systgem parameters (such as the current date etc), you may be able to simply enter the formulae directly into the specify... dialog for the script commands. Eg:

Insert Calculated Result [YourField; Let([N = Get(CurrentDate); M = Month(N); Y = Year(N)]; Date(M - 1; 1; Y) & ".." & Date(M; 0; Y))]

...will place a text string such as [color:blue]06/1/2007..06/30/2007 into YourField in field mode.

This topic is 6116 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.