Server Maintenance This Week. ×

FMP 9.0v1 won't work in a managed client

This topic is 6126 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Anyone else running FMP 9.0v1 on managed client? I have installed FMP 9.0v1 onto my 10.4.10 managed client and when logging in under a managed user environment, FMP 9.0v1 will not launch. It acts as if it will, but then stops. It almost looks like the program is trying to open some registration file, but I haven't been able locate what it's trying to do. If I log in as an admin, it works as expected.

I called support and their answer was, give them admin access to the machine and it will work. Problem is, that's not a practical solution for us given the fact that we're a school and staff do not have their own machines, meaning middle school age kids will have a field day trashing the workstation and doing things that they shouldn't...let alone it being a nightmare.

Previous versions of FMP ran fine if a user wasn't an admin, but not FMP 9.0v1.

Anyone have any suggestions...should I abandon 9 and go back to 8.5.x? I have heard that 9.0 is suppose to be the one to use and I'd really like to go that route, but I seem to have hit a road block.

Edited by Guest

This is most likely a unix permissions issue.

You may need to issue a chmod command on the filemaker applications directory and all the files containted within it to fix their permissions.

Open Terminal application and issue this command:

sudo chmod -R go+rX /Applications/FileMaker Pro 9/

You will probably be prompted to input your admin password when issuing this command.

This command will change the permissions on the FMP 9 folder and all files contained within to have both read and execute privilages for both Group and Other permissions.

This command translated means:

sudo = Super user do

-R = recursive

go = Group Other

+ = add

rX = read execute

This topic is 6126 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.