Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Add a PDF to FM

WhiteKnight

This topic is 6071 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a PDF source document, no security. I want to do some minor editing and then add this PDF document to a FM table, while maintaining the formating: text, column, returns, table, etc.

How do I do this?

Is the receiving field a Text, or Container?

If it's a long document how do you view it, print it?

"... add this PDF document to a FM table... "

What do you mean by that?

Does the whole pdf document get stored in a container field in a table, or do you want the *data* from the pdf document to be imported into the table?

The former is easy: I'm not even sure the latter is possible.

I'm not quit sure how your looking at the difference between the pdf document and it's data. The original pdf document has text in it that is not relevant and has to be removed. The remaining text and it's formating is what I want in FileMaker. Do I modify the pdf and it remains a pdf. Then add this modified pdf document to FM. If so does it go into a text field of a container. I deed to be able to view and print with page numbering. This solution is served out with citrix over the net.

• 1 month later...
  • Newbies

Hi Guys. I'm not the one with the original question but we've been thinking about this kind of thing for a while ourselves. Is there a way to scan a document into a PDF file and then import the file into a container field in Filemaker so that we can then label it or create a reference to it, for example: "December phone bill" ?

Not sure this is the same question but it seems related.

Thanks all!!

This topic is 6071 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.