Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Sorting Portals using layouts

Moon

This topic is 8291 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

If you see the first field repeated in a portal it is a sign that there is a mismatch between the portal relationship and the field relationship. Since you copied the portal from a previous layout, check the field definitions to make sure they use the same relationship as the portal.

One other thing: sort order of portals is set in the relationship definition options. You can't have two portals with the same relatinship sort two ways. I suggest you duplicate your original relationship, set its sort according to your second user, and use that relationship for your second user's layout, portal and fields.

I have a list which several users access. The Portal relationship is by Username which isn't a problem.

My issue is that some want to see the portal entries sorted by Date, others by status etc.

Initially I created 2 layouts both with the same relation but with the portal sort set to reflect the users choice. The layouts are linked via a button above the Portals

Layout 1 displays fine (sorted by Customer), but when I go to layout 2 (sorted by status) I see the first record repeated.

Considering I have duplicated the portal from the previous layout why should it change. All I have done is changed the sort field.

This topic is 8291 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.