Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Server reinstall necessary?

This topic is 6109 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have recently completed a comprehensive upgrade of our Xserve servers including one which serves our companie's 50 FM9 clients via FM9 Server. During the vast list of new usernames and passwords (systems, LOMs, ftp, vpn, web, backups, etc, etc, etc...) the FM9 Admin Consule username and password have been forgotten and/or misplaced (don't ask! : ). All our databases are working and being accessed perfectly but obviously we cannot open the admin console to change or update anything.

Does anyone know of a way of getting around this login problem without (as far as I can see it) a costly uninstall/reinstall of FM9 server in terms of company downtime?

Any advice welcome, thanks.

Have you checked the on-line help?

With earlier versions, the remote access password was in the preferences file. Delete that and it's open again. (Only I wouldn't delete it I'd move or rename it.)

This would require access to the local hard disk.

There is a way of deleting what was once called the Admin Auth key on both platforms. But given the changes in server admin from earlier versions to version 9, I would simply do a reinstall. It will likely wind up taking less time and be less error prone.

Steven

This topic is 6109 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.