Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Another portal sizing question

puterco

This topic is 8290 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm creating an invoicing DB and have our and clients basic info in the title header and the actual bank transfer template in the title footer. The body only has a portal to "line items". I've set the portal to slide/reduce which works okay. The portal is 50 rows so that all the possible products fit to the invoice. I've set it up so that if all the portal rows don't fit in the body it continues on another page (in preview mode) this works fine if I only have one record in the whole DB. If I have more records those portals also print in the preview mode, why? I can prevent this ******* thing by omitting the current record and viewing omitted (although FM still prints the other records as blanks). This however isn't smart since I might want to search all the invoices for today and print them and I just cant manually omit and print each one individually not to mention start sorting those blank papers.

How do I prevent the other records appearing in the preview mode/print. Please don't tell me this is just a limitation with portals.

If anyone has a link regarding this or can tell me where to find an example/template please let me know. Thanks.

Not enough sleep and not enough coffee...

I though about my problem and I figured it out, I just needed to create a "go to related + print" script and create the invoice layout in the line items BD with all the relating items (products) displayed as list. I don't even know why I tryied to do my invoices via portal. Anyway, Ignore my post. Or even better someone should delete it. zZzZzZ..

This topic is 8290 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.