Difficulties Range filtering without scrips/plugins

puterco

This topic is 8253 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

In a nutshell I'm trying to create two portals in my solution, past tasks and future tasks. I have two DBs; Tasks and Customers which works fine but I'm having problems with the multikey filtering...

I downloaded SmartRanges from www.fmfiles.com and it's a great technique file but I just can't get it to work in my solution. I have set up identical fields in my solution but when I try to copy any of the calculations it displays a dialog "this number cannot be evaluated and highlights "," (just after the 9 in the first row) in the calculation which looks like this (Range calculation field):

Substitute(Middle(" 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9", (Int(Mod(Start, 10^1)/10^0) + 1) * 2 - 1, (Int(End/10^0) - Int(Start/10^0) + 1) * 2), " ","

Stupid mistake, I should have used ";" instead of the ";". Anyway, I figured it out and my solution works more than fine now. It's great that FM allows the user to copy paste text in calculations. I just copy pasted every single calculation to a word processor and "search & replaced" all "," with ";" (There were over 300 of those).

This topic is 8253 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.