Claris Engage 2025 - March 25-26 Austin Texas ×

I have a fairly complex database that occasionally needs to import data from an Excel spreadsheet. The import requries pretty heavy processing and a very large number of calculation fields. So I deci

Hap

This topic is 6242 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a fairly complex database that occasionally needs to import data from an Excel spreadsheet. The import requries pretty heavy processing and a very large number of calculation fields. So I decided to put all the import processing in separate filemaker files that would only be opened if an import was attempted. The import file processes all the data successfully and exports to a filemaker file for temporary purposes until the main database file can import it. Works great except for one problem: any time after the first import, the exported data is ADDED to the temp files (overwrite was selected when adding the file to the export script), therefore I endup with way too many records on import. I attempted to add scripts to the temp files to allow deletion of records after the import. However on the next export - the scripts are erased, but the data added.

Happens with all file formats I have tried. Is there no way to clear a temporary file?

Edited by Guest

This topic is 6242 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.