Server Maintenance This Week. ×

PDF Append and Security issue.

Matt Klein

This topic is 6085 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

The new Append feature in the Save As PDF script step is a great feature. I have been doing this in Windows using command line code which works great with a little more scripting. The Append feature should allow me to clean up my scripts and, of course, use native features instead of external methods.

I just ran into some trouble with the Append feature though and am hoping someone can help...

If you impose any kind of Security on the PDF such as not allowing printing or editing, the Append feature doesn’t work. It creates the PDF just fine, but when you try to append to it, you get the Error Code 9 - Insufficient Privileges error.

I tried not imposing any Security until the very last Append and, while the last append worked, it did not apply the Security settings.

For the most part, this is not a big deal to most people. However, I do work in the Healthcare industry and as such am concerned with HIPPA compliance.

Anyone have a work around or perhaps knowledge that I don’t.

It appears that I spoke too soon. I found that if you allow insertion, deleting, rotating of pages in the Security Options then you can append to the pdf.

It would be nice to be able to apply the security options to the pdf AFTER appending. That way I could just run the script that appends to the pdf without any security restrictions and then lock down the final version of the PDF.

I know I can do this will external apps, but it would nice to get rid of the external app from the equation.

This topic is 6085 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.