Claris Engage 2025 - March 25-26 Austin Texas ×

I have an FM9 scripted import that imports - FM to FM - each of the tables in a previous version of the solution. Each table import is handled by a sub-script of main Import script. Everything wor

This topic is 6200 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have an FM9 scripted import that imports - FM to FM - each of the tables in a previous version of the solution. Each table import is handled by a sub-script of main Import script. Everything works fine except that for each import I am prompted to enter a Username and Password for the Source file. Both Source and Target files are identical and have the same Accounts and Passwords. I can get around this by asking the user to open the source file first, but I'd rather be able to script the opening entirely and have the pw dialog only appear once or not at all.

In order to determine the location of the Source File, which will vary from user to user, I'm using the Troi File plugin's "Select Folder" function, and capturing the path to a variable. In order to launch the Source file, I've tried using the Open File (hidden) script step, but have discovered that FileMaker does not support the use of Variables in File References to FileMaker Pro data sources (as noted in the Help file).

I've also tried using the Troi File Launch function, but for some reason nothing happens, even though the result code is "0", which means that the function should have succeeded.

I'm sure I'm not the only one to encounter this problem...any solutions?

Thanks in advance!

Will Loving

Edited by Guest

This topic is 6200 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.