Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Multiple visits

Chazark

This topic is 6066 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Sorry for the repeat post.

I am a Newbee attempting to create a program for multiple visits to a medical clinic. Each visit includes multiple data points that need to be tracked longitudinally (change of weight of time etc).

How best should I set up the visits? Tabs?

Suggestions??

Thanks

I just deleted your repeat post, so nothing to feel sorry for :-]

I've just done something much like this. And yes, tabs can be used. It is fairly intuitive interface, as everything starts at the Patient.

However. What you really need are 2 tabs. The 1st is Visits, which is a portal of all visits, sorted descending by date (newest at top).

The 2nd tab is "invisible" (which you can do in 9). It is whatever visit you clicked on in the 1st tab. Since the 2nd "appt." tab is a Form view (ie., 1 appt. at a time), and since it is still ON the Patient layout, you can set a global ID to the unique Appt.ID you clicked on in the 1st Visits tab, and show the related Appt.; all fields are related to the global.

Navigation arrows can set the global to the previous & next appt., to go between them. Remember, you're still on the Patient layout, so you can't use the status area to go between appts.

Or you can give up on tabs for the appt., and just go to another window. But the above works fine. Though you are limited to the size of the tab object, if that is a consideration.

This topic is 6066 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.