This really has me stumped. Almost to the point of dumping FM. I have a parent table and two related tables. Each table is set to allow the deletion of the related records when the parent record

Racer Bob

This topic is 6064 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

This really has me stumped. Almost to the point of dumping FM. I have a parent table and two related tables. Each table is set to allow the deletion of the related records when the parent record is deleted. It is not allowed to delete the parent record if the related records are deleted.

But FM has it's own mind. One related table works as it should. The other will delete the parent record when a related record is delete. It does't matter if the related record is deleted by script or hand, nor from which layout.

I have deleted the relationship and started over but nothing changes. FM seems to have (this isn't the first time) hidden something in the code to cause this refusal to honor the instructions in the relationship defination. The boxes are all correctly selected and exactly the same for the two related tables.

Any one have any ideas ? I will give up on FM before starting the whole application from scratch.

This topic is 6064 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.