Server Maintenance This Week. ×

GIS System

This topic is 4723 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• 2 months later...
  • Newbies

Sorry, I don't mean to hijack the thread here, but I actually have the same question. My company leases tracts in a particular group of counties, and I would like to create an interactive map which will show an overlay of the tracts we have leased (detail level - individual property boundaries) and the tracts we still need to lease. My question is, what software (if any) is out there that could help me accomplish this without writing something completely from scratch?

Sorry to say but that type of mashup would have to be a custom job from my limited GIS experience.

ESRI is one company that provides the data sources you need to show tax lot boundaries. There are many GIS developers who are versed with the ESRI offerings that could build you a web based mapping tool.

Getting it happy working with FileMaker data? Let me just say it's an adventure!

• 2 years later...
  • 10 months later...

I am attempting an even simpler task. I would like to be able to have research participants click on a google map to tell me where they were during a recent tornado, and then use that to calculate how close they were to the path of the storm at it's closest point. I think I can manage the calculations, but how can I get the data into filemaker. I use php to filemaker strategies.

This topic is 4723 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.