EventScript Plugin not Loading

Hirsh

This topic is 5903 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I have a 9 user FM system and have been using the EventScript plugin successfully on all the computers. Recently one of the computers is failing to load the plugin. It is in the correct extensions folder but refuses to appear under preferences}Plugins. I have read the previous post and tried installing EventScript 1.0 instead of 1.1 but to no avail.

Has anyone solved this problem with this or any other plugin?

I have tried reinstalling Windows XP and FM 9, even trying it on FM 9 Advanced.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

• 1 month later...

I just had this issue, and can share what resolution I found.

We've upgrade to FileMaker 9 from 8.5 and EventScript continued to work for those users. As some users in the company are new, our helpdesk is installing 9.0 directly on new Windows XP computers. For those users EventScript wasn't showing/loading/working. I just found if I install 8.5 on those computers, EventScript starts working in version 9 again.

So, obviously, 8.5 is loading something (a .dll?) that EventScript is using which doesn't with 9 (or it has changed in 9).

Hopefully Gaston can get an update out soon. Otherwise, we'll probably just re-write to use ZippScript.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Some of our employees started having the EventScript-not-loading problem recently, but it was in FM 7 or 8.5, not 9. I wonder if Microsoft pushed an operating system patch that affects it? I didn't bother trying to debug it but just migrated all the EventScript calls to Gap_Filler ScriptQueue calls.

• 1 month later...

This topic is 5903 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.